Seven Crows Greet the Morning (and me)

Collect shiny things.

Hop happily down down the street for no apparent reason.

Whatever you eat, eat it with joy.

Scream loudly when you see your friends.*


I was keeping my head down to avoid spying the House Sparrows that regularly take refuge on the porch  and in the remains of the Wax Mallow. But the sunrise demanded I look into the sky. There - at the edge of the neighborhood - a murder of crows.

They spoke and demanded their place. My first birds.

I love crows and ravens, magpies and rooks. The crows have been here in great numbers during the strange strange winter.

It was meant to be.  My first bird would be the American Crow.

So, what does it mean?

I thought I should check with the Scots, since my primary heritage rests there.


       The Celtic crow symbol stands for individuality, prophetic knowledge, 

       and a complete disregard for what others think. The crow embodies a 

       combination of abilities and skills, mostly. Celtics also deeply honor 

       crows as a sign sent to them by prophets or oracles in a practice of 

       clairvoyance.


I'm good with this. That "complete disregard" line sounds so familiar.





NOTES:

* Health Bestowing Hands





Comments